Magic has built up quite a bit of history over the past 23 years. With dozens of known planes inhabited by countless creatures, the story of Magic runs deep and wide. Some players have been playing Magic for years, and the story is an ocean they have no problem diving into. For other players such as myself who have barely scratched the surface of the story, it can seem almost impossible to breach at times. Fortunately, Planechase Anthology offers an approach to the Magic story that anyone can enjoy, regardless of their existing familiarity.
As a chaotic and unpredictable trip through the many planes of Magic, Planechase Anthology will offer veteran players a nostalgic trip through Magic's history (and possibly a glimpse into its future) and newer players a crash course on the settings we've seen throughout Magic's lore.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX?
To understand the appeal of Planechase Anthology, first you have to understand what you're getting. Here's a quick rundown of everything the shiny box contains:
- Four ready-to-play 60-card decks from Planechase (2012 Edition), each with eight rare cards (for the exact decklists, check out the Planechase 2012 product page)
- 86 oversized Planar cards, including 78 plane cards and 8 phenomenon cards
- Four slide deck boxes
- Oversize slide deck box
- 35 double-sided token cards
- Special edition planar die
- Four Spindown life counters
- Strategy insert
- Did I mention the box is shiny?